Vegan Spain and Portugal
PHOTO: Lisbon, Portugal | Photo by Lisa Fotios | Vegan Spain and Portugal
If Spain and Portugal are on your must-see list for travel, here is a wonderful sample 14-day customizable vegan vacation that is going to excite you.
Highlights of Spain and Portugal
- Lisbon is probably best known for its colonialist history, ornate architecture and tradition of Fado music. But some of its best features are in the everyday – spectacular hilltop vistas in Alfama or at St. George's Castle, pleasant year-round weather and friendly locals.
- Sintra became the first centre of European Romantic architecture. Ferdinand II turned a ruined monastery into a castle where this new sensitivity was displayed in the use of Gothic, Egyptian, Moorish and Renaissance elements and in the creation of a park blending local and exotic species of trees.
- After a few days in Portugal you are off to Spain and the stunning city of Seville. World-renowned for its architecture and flamenco dancing, but activities in Seville Spain must include tapas! With hundreds of tapas bars found throughout the city, tapas culture is an integral part of life in Seville. Cordoba is famous for its interesting mix of ancient Roman, Moorish, and Spanish culture. Once the capital of El Andalus, the city's most iconic feature is the Mezquita-Catedral, an elegant mosque converted into a Renaissance-style church.
- Madrid is best known for its historic buildings, food markets, and royals. It is also known for its museums of Renaissance and contemporary art, sunny blue skies, unique neighbourhoods, and bustling nightlife. Madrid is a city of joy and life.
- Toledo is also known for its traditional crafts, including damascene metalwork, antique-inspired swords, and handmade marzipan (sweet almond candies). However, the most famous artworks found in Toledo are the masterpieces by El Greco displayed throughout the city's churches and convents, as well as at El Greco Museum.
- Barcelona is a Mediterranean city with excellent beaches and good weather. Art, gastronomy, and sports excel exceptionally. Gaudi's architecture, 30 Michelin stars restaurants (2023), and the Barcelona Football Club (soccer) have made our city a world-famous travel destination.
Day 1. Arrival in the city of Lisbon. Welcome dinner with a fado show.
Day 2. Lisbon: Visit the old town of Lisbon + Vegan cooking class.
PHOTO: Lisbon, Portugal | Photo by Jo Kassis | Vegan Spain and Portugal
Day 3. Lisbon - Sintra: Day trip to Sintra.
Day 4. Lisbon - Seville.
Day 5. Seville: Visit the old town + Vegan tapas tour.
Day 6. Seville: City sightseeing. Flamenco show.
Day 7. Seville - Cordova: Day trip to Cordova.
PHOTO: Madrid, Spain | Photo by Alex Azabache | Vegan Spain and Portugal
Day 8. Seville - Madrid
Day 9. Madrid. Visit at Prado Museum and vegan tapas.
Day 10. Madrid. City sightseeing.
Day 10. Madrid - Toledo: Day trip to Toledo.
PHOTO: La Sagrada Familia | Barcelona, Spain | Photo by Olena Neva | Vegan Spain and Portugal
Day 11. Madrid - Barcelona
Day 12. Barcelona: Visit the old town of Barcelona. Vegan tapas tour in Barcelona.
Day 13. Barcelona: Visit the modernist architecture in Barcelona. Sunset on a boat in the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 14. Departure from Barcelona
The itinerary above is just a jumping-off point. We can curate your vegan Spain and Portugal trip to include exactly what you would like to see and do. If you want to add a few days to a particular city, no problem. Want to cut out one of the aforementioned spots and substitute it for another region or city with Spain and Portugal, just ask. Once you have travelled through these regions, they are sure to capture a piece of your heart.
Want to learn more about travelling to Spain CLICK HERE
If you are ready to book your vegan Spain and Portugal tour, or simply have some questions reach out to us today.
Hero Image: Photo by Aleksandar Pasaric
vegan travel agent vegan travel agency vegan cruises vegan vacations vegan travel vegan getaways travel as a vegan best vegan travel agent best vegan travel agency