Vegans can rejoice with more than 200 new plant-based dishes still available on onboard Regent Seven Seas Cruises ships!
UPDATE: With recent developments and the ever-changing landscape of cruising we have been contacting our many partner suppliers to find out if they will continue offering plant-based options in the future and we will be posting old & new blog information where applicable so you can best choose the right vacation for you and your family.
Original Blog Post:
It is with great anticipation that we let you know that another luxury cruise brand, Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) announced this past week that they will be debuting “innovative plant-based cuisine” across its fleet later this year.
Starting October 1st, 2019, there will be more than 200 gourmet plant-based selections available at breakfast, lunch and dinner for the luxury guests of RSSC who are vegan, vegetarian or just want to try it out.
In a press release, RSSC states:
“New dishes like Wild Mushroom Tart with Brittle Pie Crust, Mushroom Duxelles and Red Pepper Coulis; Falafel Fritters with Harissa Mayo, Cucumber, Mint, and Capers; Spiced Potato & Green Pea Samosas with Tamarind Chutney; and Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly showcase a range of cuisines including Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Italian, Malaysian, and more. Other menu highlights include nourishing Power Bowls and Poke Bowls, hearty pastas and noodles, light and refreshing salads and soups and decadent items like an Impossible™ Cheeseburger, and a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal-Almond Topping.”
Jason Montague, the RSSC president and chief executive officer said
“For luxury travellers who are increasingly adding more plant-based cuisine to their meals, we’re offering even more imaginative selections of bold, flavorful appetizers, entrees and desserts, with craveable tastes and mouth-watering presentations. Our expanded plant-based cuisine sets the highest benchmark in luxury cruising.”
The thing that is interesting about this announcement is that the plant-based selections will be fully integrated into the daily menus, instead of being on a separate menu. This is a game-changer for those vegans who just really don’t want to have any special treatment due to their food choices and would prefer just knowing they could order right off the main menu without spectacle.
PHOTO: Vegan Hawaiian Poke Bowl (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
I’ve contacted RSSC to ensure that anyone with further dietary restrictions can still be accommodated and will update with that information, but I suspect nothing will have changed on that front for them.
RSSC announced the menu items were developed under the direction of Bernhard Klotz, the VP of Food and Beverage for RSSC in concert with the world-renowned chef, culinary instructor and author Christophe Berg.
“Plant-based cuisine appeals to a broad audience of luxury travellers. This is an emerging, modern specialty cuisine that allows our guests to enjoy more flavorful foods that are in harmony with their current tastes and pushes the boundaries on Regent’s acclaimed culinary creativity and imagination.”
PHOTO: Butler pouring champagne into 2 glasses (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
It certainly looks (at first glance) like they have really thought about how to offer plenty of different options for each meal. Perhaps vegans soon will be able to sail on ships longer knowing they’ll be sustained each day from the food they eat. (Is that too much to ask?!?)
I am surprised this is still a dream for most. It really isn’t hard to feed a vegan!
PHOTO: Female guest practising Yoga onboard the ship (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
Below are some sample menu items and a few photos of some of the dishes that will be offered.
I am excited to get on board an RSSC ship and tell you all what it all tastes like ;)
What do you think? Will this announcement make you want to book a Regent Seven Seas Cruise? Send us your thoughts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a message through our social media channels!
Vegan Meal options with Regent Seven Seas Cruises - Breakfast
- Chia Cashew Yogurt with Carrot-Hazelnut Granola, Mixed Berries and Tropical Fruits
- Chickpea Pancake with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Harissa Sauce, Just Like Feta
- Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes with Berries and Maple Syrup
- Avocado Toast on Rustic Farmers Bread
PHOTO: Vegan Sweet and Sour Vegetables with Tofu (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
Vegan Meal options with Regent Seven Seas Cruises - Lunch
- Sweet Potato Soup with Miso & Ginger
- Tomato Bisque with Dill
- Roasted Almond and Vegetable Soup
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Vegetables, Grapefruit, Coconut, Boston Lettuce, Rice Paper, Roasted Peanut Dip
- Tajin Spiced Hummus & Avocado Wrap with Boston Lettuce, Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Fruit Skewer
- Osaka Power Bowl with Soba Noodles, Eggplant, Tofu, Sweet Potatoes, Edamame, Wakame Salad, Nori, Miso Sesame Dressing
- Mediterranean Bowl with Brown Rice, Beluga Lentils, Green Peas, Cauliflower, Tomato, Homemade Tzatziki, Kalamata Olives, Pita Bread, Roasted Almond-Orange Dressing
- Falafel Power Bowl with Roasted Carrots, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Assorted Greens, Olives, Capers, Mint, Parsley, Lemon-Tahini dressing
- Green Lentil Penne Pasta, Wild Mushroom Bolognese with Cashew Nuts
- “Impossible Burger” Sesame Bun, Just Like Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Skinny Fries
PHOTO: Vegan Summer Berry Pudding (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
Vegan Meal options with Regent Seven Seas Cruises - Dinner
- Caramelized Apple Tart with Fresh Feta-Cashew Cheese, Balsamic Caramel
- Wild Mushroom Tart with Brittle Pie Crust, Mushroom Duxelles, Red Pepper Coulis
- Mulligatawny, Traditional Indian Red Lentil & Coconut Soup
- Spiced Potato & Green Pea Samosas with Tamarind Chutney
- Baked Porcini & Spinach Cannelloni, with Toasted Hazelnuts, Tomato Sauce, Béchamel
- Mushroom & Spinach Crepes, with Béchamel and Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Quinoa-Olive Salad, Pine Nut Dressing, Yellow Pepper Coulis
- Singapore Noodles, with Stir Fried Vegetables, Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Rice Vermicelli
- Green Curry Vegetable Stir Fry, with Eggplant, Oyster Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Green Peas, Jasmine Rice
- Crispy Sweet & Sour Vegetables with Tofu, Cashew and Sesame Seeds
- Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly
- Basil Scented Fruit Minestrone, Lemon Sorbet
- Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal-Almond Topping
- Pear Williams & Rosemary Sorbet
- Lime-Vodka Sorbet
- Champagne Sorbet
PHOTO: Couple toasting two glasses of champagne glasses (courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
And don’t forget you can afford this bucket-list vacation experience when you Z.I.P. Your Trip! Find out details here.
If you’d like to know more about Regent Seven Seas Cruises and their truly “all-inclusive” luxury experience, click here.
Regent also has announced a new flexible cancellation policy called Regent Reassurance, to give you peace of mind when booking your next vacation. Click here for details.
Vegan Vacations is 100% vegan owned and operated. As a Vegan Travel Agent supporting vegan travellers all across North America, we make Plant-based vacations a reality.